How to Join a Whitelist for NFT Projects
What is an NFT whitelist? And how do you get whitelisted for NFT projects?
In this article, we will explain everything that you need to know about NFT whitelists and how to join them.
NFTs (non-fungible tokens) are a new type of digital asset that are quickly gaining popularity. Many NFT projects use whitelisting techniques, so it’s important to understand how to get on the whitelists of the projects you’re interested in.
What is a whitelist or allowlist?
A whitelist is simply a list of approved participants (usually their wallet addresses) for an NFT project. NFT projects use this technique to ensure that only serious and committed participants are taking part in the project.
Also, most projects allow whitelisted people to mint (buy) their NFTs first, before the offering opens to the general public.
» Learn more: What is an NFT whitelist/allowlist?
What are the benefits of getting whitelisted for an NFT project?
The main benefit of getting whitelisted is that you are almost guaranteed to access the NFTs you want from the project. Since you are on the list of approved participants, you will be able to mint NFTs as soon as the project launches.
However, there are more advantages whitelisted people get.
Here is a list of benefits for joining whitelists:
- You can purchase NFTs at a lower price, costs for allowlist and public could be different. Usually, projects offer a discounted price to people who are on the whitelist.
- You can access exclusive NFTs that value more. Some projects create special NFTs that are only available to whitelisted participants.
- You can receive early access to NFTs. This is probably the most important benefit, as you will be able to mint NFTs before anyone else.
- You will avoid gas wars. When NFTs are released to the general public, there is always a risk of gas wars. This happens when too many people try to mint NFTs at the same time and the network can’t handle it. As a result, transaction fees go through the roof and many people are left empty-handed.
As you can see, there are many benefits to getting NFT whitelisted. Now let’s explore how you can do it.
How to get whitelisted for an NFT project
How do you secure a whitelist spot with NFT projects? Different NFT projects will develop their own methods, but there are some common techniques that you can follow.
Here are some basic steps to get whitelisted:
- Find NFT projects that interest you. You can do this by searching online or through social media platforms like Twitter and Telegram.
- Make sure you know what’s happening with the project. Once you find a project that you like, the next step is to sign up for their newsletter, follow their Twitter account with notifications “on”, and join their Discord server (if they have one). This way, you will be among the first to know when whitelist registration opens.
- Review whitelist instructions carefully. Usually, NFT projects will ask you to provide some information such as your wallet address and email. Make sure to follow their instructions carefully to avoid getting rejected.
- Submit your application as soon as possible. NFT projects usually have a limited number of slots on their whitelist, so it’s important to submit your application as soon as possible.
Here are some common whitelisting techniques used by NFT projects:
- NFT projects always reward early adopters and people who are committed to the project. That’s why it’s important to find and join an NFT project at its early stages.
- Since one of the most important parts of any project is the community, you can get whitelisted by being active and useful within the community. For example, you can help with an NFT project’s social media, create helpful tutorials or be an active member of their Discord server.
- Giveaways and contests are also a great way to get whitelisted. NFT projects often run promotions where you can win a spot on their whitelist.
- Some NFT projects will offer you a spot on their whitelist if you hold NFTs from other top projects. This is usually done to ensure that only people who are interested in NFTs are on the whitelist.
- Most of the projects will run fan art contests, so if you are good at drawing or have any other creative skills, make sure to participate.
- You can get whitelisted through referrals from other people or alpha groups. NFT projects often give out referral codes that you can use to get whitelisted.
- You can also join raffles. NFT projects will sometimes do raffles where you can win a spot on the whitelist. Check platforms such as Premint.xyz to find these promotions.
- You can also get whitelisted by participating in NFT projects’ bounty programs. Bounty programs are usually run by NFT startups and they are a great way to get involved with a project.
As you can see, there are many ways to join NFT whitelists. The most important thing is to start early and be active in the NFT community.
If you follow these steps, you will be able to get whitelisted for NFT projects you are interested in and be able to mint NFTs hassle-free.
Do you have any tips about how to get NFT whitelisted? Let us know in the comments below!
Happy NFT hunting!
If you want to learn more about NFTs, check out our other blog posts: